WHAT: A weekly bible study with the people in your area to dig deeper into the scripture and message from Sunday.
WHEN: Monday's @ 6:30pm
WHO: You and your neighbors!
HOW: Find your area and sign up HERE.
WHAT: A midweek gathering of 6-12 people who commit to meeting weekly to encourage & support one another and who dig deeper into the scripture our church is studying that week. A group of friends who push each other to live out the sermons we hear on Sunday's and to keep growing through the adventure of trusting Jesus.
WHEN: 10 weeks, September-June.
WHO: Try a group for 3 weeks to ensure it's the best fit.
HOW: Sign up using the form below and we will contact you to determine you specific group needs & desires.
I'M NOT SURE: We also have Intro. Community Groups for people who are just checking out Oceanhills and not sure they are ready to commit to a 10-week group. Intro groups are 3-4 weeks, beginning in September, October, and January.
Questions? Contact Pastor Jono.
I'M ALL IN: Consider Leadership. We are always looking for more people to step up and help lead in a Community Group. The leadership of a Community Group is comprised of a Host, a Facilitator, and a Communicator.
- The Host: Opens their home to the group and creates a hospitable atmosphere where people feel welcomed and relaxed.
- The Facilitator: Gathers the group and leads the sermon-based discussion on the Scriptures. They offer up ideas on reading the Bible and prayer in the group.
- The Communicator: Communicates weekly within the group about time, location, prayer requests and other needs and logistics.
People who have been in a small group say that it’s the highlight of their church experience; it’s in these groups that close personal friendships are developed. Through these relationships you will feel that you truly belong at Oceanhills. With mutual support, encouragement, prayer and a life-oriented study of the Bible, small groups provide you with the opportunity to grow a deeper life.
- To help you grow in your faith through interactive Bible Study and prayer.
- To help you connect with others and develop meaningful friendships.
- To encourage you to make a difference by serving with others inside and outside the church.
- To be a safe place where you are invited to ask questions, and begin/nurture a relationship with Christ.
- To be a laboratory for leadership development, where group members can be raised up and equipped to lead a group.